Sunday, May 1, 2011

Monster Cookies


 
Since the move to Korea, I haven't really been into baking/cooking as much as I normally would. Part of it is because I'm not in the kitchen I'm used to and I don't have very many tools here. No Kitchen Aid mixer, no large bowls, no ocean to look at as I bake. Plus, the ovens here are very small and they don't even fit a normal size cookie sheet! I finally decided it was time to get back in the kitchen and have a little fun. I wanted something that was a little healthy, but still sweet at the same time so I decided to try out monster cookies. Of course, I tried to make them as healthy as possible so I changed some ingredients.
Monster Cookies
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup applesauce (substituted this for butter)
  • 1 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used chunky because that is all I had)
  • 2 cups instant oatmeal
  • 2 cups flour (I know most monster cookies don't contain flour, but I didn't have enough oats)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (1/2 white chips, 1/2 semi-sweet)
  • 1 cup M&M's
Instructions: Beat the eggs in a very large bowl. Add sugars, applesauce, vanilla, baking soda, peanut butter and mix well. Next, add the oats and flour until they are mixed in well with the wet ingredients. Hand mix the add ins. Use a large spoon and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 mins or until a little brown.
I was thinking they were going to be too healthy for Rush, but he didn't seem to mind because of all the chocolate involved! Get creative and put in whatever additional chocolate or nuts that you like! Enjoy warm with a glass of milk!




1 comment:

  1. About how many cookies does this recipe make? I've been looking all over for monster cookies with less butter, and I finally found one, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete